Monday, September 2, 2013

Coming Soon: Boomtown Boys - the Men of the Oil Fields

Psst! I've been working on a new project and I'm almost ready to share. After writing four standalone romances, I found that I wanted to take on the challenge of writing a series.

I have been fascinated by the stories of the men and women behind America's oil boom. Over the last couple of years, I've read so many news articles about the boom towns in North Dakota, where populations have doubled and would-be workers have arrived from all over the country, ready to lend a hand. The work is hard, but the rewards can be great for those willing to get their hands dirty and work a long day (or night) on the rigs.

I created the fictional town of Conway, North Dakota, where six friends from Arkansas have come seeking their fortune. They find lodging in what was once the bunk house of an abandoned ranch, and the five men and one woman all find employment within weeks.

But in a town where men outnumber women four to one, even the best of friends find themselves missing female company before long. Find out how Matthew, Chase, Calvin, Jimmy and Zane find love in boom times.

I just got my cover for the first book in the series, BLACK GOLD, which will be released in autumn 2013:

Stay tuned for more about The Boomtown Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment